[nsd-users] reloading NSD zone configuration

Antti Ristimaki Antti.Ristimaki at csc.fi
Wed May 13 09:21:37 UTC 2009

Hi all,

There has been a good discussion regarding NSD zone additions and restarts. However, I still have a little question regarding the NSD restarting process. In our environment, the number of (slave) zones will be about two thousands, so it is very likely that one or more zone transfers are pending when the NSD process is restarted.

Does anyone know how NSD will handle these kinds of situations? Is it able to terminate the pending transfers in a controlled way or is this a possible point of failure?

Regards,
Antti Ristimäki