[nsd-users] Basic Logging Support Via Syslog

Lew Payne lew.payne at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:05:17 UTC 2009

I think I brought this up several years ago...

I'd love to see basic logging support in nsd.  Namely, the use of
syslog calls to facilitate logging of basic data (request IP, query
type, host name if any), especially for FAILED queries (ones that are
NXDOMAIN).  Looking at a log of failed queries tells you a lot about
possible configuration errors (especially if migrating) and provides
valuable insight into possible security issues (probes, etc).

-Lew Payne