Patch to 3.0.5 to disable VERSION.BIND responses

Kevin Wormington kworm at sofnet.com
Tue Apr 3 22:51:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have attached a patch to NSD 3.0.5 that will refuse responses to the
Chaos queries VERSION.BIND and VERSION.SERVER.  It adds an nsd.conf
variable version-bind which defaults to yes meaning it will respond.
Setting the variable to no will cause NSD to refuse the request.

I would like to request that this patch be added into the mainstream
code so I don't have to patch future versions.  I hope this will be of
use to other users as well.

Kevin