nsd 3.0.1 + chroot() = fail to write xfrdfile

Koh-ichi Ito kohi at bbtower.co.jp
Wed Sep 27 04:42:24 UTC 2006

Hello,

Excuse my carelessness. My fix was not enough.

I only examined my fix on the condition nsd.conf has
"xfrdfile:" entry. On this case, my fix works fine. But
without "xfrdfile:" entry, the value relies on the compile
time default. On this case, the assignment

        if(!statefile)
                statefile = XFRDFILE;

is done on xfrd-disk.c::xfrd_write_state(), so pathname of
chroot() jail is not stripped from XFRDFILE.

By the brute-force tactics, do same process on
xfrd_write_state() may help, but it may not elegant way.

Speak on DIFFFILE, the default value of "difffile:", the
assignment of default value is done on
options.c::nsd_options_create(), so it seems not to involved
the issue.

Regards,

At Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:35:12 +0200,
Wouter Wijngaards wrote:

> Hi Koh-ichi,
>
> Thanks for the bugreport (bug #146). I have incorporated the patch into
> NSD svn. Below my addition to the patch so the 'difffile:' entry also
> works. Fix will be released in NSD 3.0.2.
>
> Thanks for the fix,
>    Wouter
>
> Koh-ichi Ito wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I found that nsd 3.0.1 invoked with -t option fails to write
> > xfrdfile at least exit time.

					Koh-ichi Ito
					BroadBand Tower