Master Zone Files

Philip Gaskell pdgaskell at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 07:11:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've compiled and installed nsd and configured nsd without any problems as far as I can see, my problem is that when i try to build the zone files I get loads of error message about unrecognised characters and the result is that the zone information isn't compiled. I have looked at sample zone files from the internet and can't find anything wrong with mine. I've just migrated from windows and am now using redhat 9. I am impressed with NSD so far, it seems so simple to use and only does exactly what I need of a DNS server. Below is my zone file, the IP's have been altered, could you please point in the right direction. I am new to linux so please be gentle :-)

;
; DNS master file for pdgaskell.co.uk
;
@               7200    IN   SOA   ns1 webmaster.pdgaskell.co.uk. (
                                                2004062917
                                                7200
                                                3600
                                                8294400
                                                7200 )
@               7200    IN    A     123.123.123.123
@               7200    IN    MX    10 mail.pgwww.net.
@               7200    IN    NS    ns1
@               7200    IN    NS    ns2
ns1             7200    IN    A     123.123.123.123
ns2             7200    IN    A     123.123.123.123
www             7200    IN    A     123.123.123.123

thanks
  philip