NSD ACL Plugin

Erik Rozendaal erik at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Jul 17 11:39:08 UTC 2003

Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:48:30AM +0200, Erik Rozendaal wrote:
>
>>But now the HEAP_WALK works.  Although I don't know why :(  But hopefully
>>this will help you anyway.
>

> It does, any chance of making those the defaults for 1.2.2 ? The
> "why" of it seems to be the RBTREE_NULL macro which expands to a
> pointer to an rbnode_t. The two compiles produce differing
> addresses for this node, so the code never matches.

That would explain it.

So the two options seem to be: use NULL instead of RBTREE_NULL or make all
NSD symbols available to the plugins.  I'm kind of hesistant about making
all symbols available:

1. I'd like to keep a clear separation between NSD and plugins.
2. -rdynamic is probably not a portable option.  This would either require
messy configure scripts or the user must specify LDFLAGS manually when
enabling plugins.  Or maybe libtool can do the job (time to read the info
pages).

But I'm not looking forward to changing the rbtree implementation either.

Erik