nsd running as slave

Sven-Holger Wabnitz wabnitz at digital-security.com
Wed Jul 9 14:27:43 UTC 2003

Hi Sebastian,

i would not run a nameserver in slave mode in a registry
environment. The best thing would be if you run all
nameservers as master. You have to provide the zonefile
to all the nameservers and then recompile the zonefile
at the nameserver which runs nsd. With the bind nameserver
you proceed as normal.

There are a lot of possibilities to implement this way.
If you need help, please ask for it.

Best Regards
Sven-Holger

--

Sven-Holger Wabnitz   DSS Gesellschaft fuer Digitale Sicherheit mbH
phone +49 2222 990-0            **             fax +49 2222 990-444

>From the Portland Pattern Repository (de facto home of the
extreme programming discipline), hosted by Cunningham & Cunningham.

        "Life's too short to write code that nobody wants."