[Dnssec-trigger] resolv.conf options in dnssec-trigger.conf

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 10:36:21 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Billy Glynn wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if I could set resolv.conf options via dnssec-trigger.conf
> > ?
> >
> > options timeout:1 attempts:1 rotate
>
> I think dnssec-trigger should read resolv.conf and copy all the
> options found (of course not nameserver options, but arguably it
> should include the domain/search option)

Would the domain/search option be copied only when dnssec-trigger
is started? On network configuration change the possibly new
domain/search option would not be written into the resolv.conf
(dnssec-trigger would be managing its content with immutable attribute
set) and therefore the domain/search option once read by
dnssec-trigger will be outdated.

Therefore I think the domain/search option should be reconfigured
dynamically on every network configuration change, possibly by
the dispatcher script. (Or combination with static configuration
from the disc ~ dnssec-trigger.conf)

Regards,
--
Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D