[Dnssec-trigger] Extracting hot-spot detection and servers probing code into a library

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Wed May 14 12:55:34 UTC 2014

Hi.

Since we plan to implement NetworkManager DNS plugin for
unbound that would in the end replace dnssec-trigger, it
will have to do the same set of tests as dnssec-trigger
daemon does right now.

We are thinking about extracting the necessary code
dnssec-trigger uses into a separate library. The library
could be then used by the unbound NM plugin. We are also
interested in possibly extending the set of nameservers
tests based on [1].

We are interested in your opinion on this. Would you be
OK with the extraction of the code into a library?
The library could be then distributed as a part of
dnssec-trigger.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-roadblock-avoidance/

Thanks.

Regards,
--
Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D